SOS Eau Giteranyi’s Project
In order to improve the quality of life of the inhabitants of Giteranyi, SOS Eau Giteranyi’s project aims to ensure the supply of clean drinking water to the village of Giteranyi.
More concretely, the project objective is to drill a well and build a potable water distribution system in Giteranyi with a budget of around 65,000 CHF.
The realization of the project would mean a considerable improvement in the quality of life of the inhabitants of Giteranyi, resulting in:
• a decrease in illnesses linked to the consumption of contaminated water
• a reduction in the infant mortality rate
• better hygiene for the population
• a reduction in the illiteracy rate in Giteranyi
• a permanent supply of safe drinking water